Friday, August 15, 2008

Babies

For all of those who are interested, I have been on ob/gyn sonography this week. If you or anyone you know wants to have a girl, then I should be present at the anatomic ultrasound, because for the whole week out of the approximately 20 anatomic ultrasounds I saw only one was a boy and that was today. I am getting very good at picking out the three white lines. I got to see lots of babies waving, yawning, running, and sucking their thumbs. The 3D ultrasound was pretty cool, but was very dependent on how the baby was positioned otherwise you did not get a very good picture. The baby yesterday would not take his foot off of his forehead so his mom got a nice 3D picture of him with his foot over his eyes. I have also never heard so many people say that a femur was cute. The femur by the way was usually the first thing measured on the anatomic survey, which for some women was the first time they had seen an image of their baby in case you were wondering why some many people said it was cute.

No comments: