Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Cookies

This year, we made our Christmas cookies a little late, and in fact wouldn't have made any at all except that our flight to Chicago was canceled, so we were stuck in Nashville.  We baked five kinds of cookies:

Rosemary Butter Cookies, which are tasty.




Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies, which I liked but Julie was not too fond of.



Rugelach, which Julie's coworkers liked, but neither of us are very fond of.



Chocolate Mint Marvels, which every sane person in the entire universe likes.




And finally, Julie made some gingerbread cookies (using a recipe from one of her cookbooks) which we both iced.  If you look closely, you can see me, a fish sandwich, Sierpinski triangle, an outline of Barney, a US flag fish, a dinosaur dressed as a skeleton for Halloween, a dinosaur with people in its stomach, a dinosaur on which the cavemen played tic-tac-toe, a smiley-face tree, a hardhat wearing snowman, and some modern art courtesy of Julie.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I found everything except for the fish sandwich! I particularly liked the modern art. Very creative. The 2nd cookie (the chocolate ginger cookie) looks so yummy!