I just thought I would inform everyone that I go over 11 speed bumps in the parking garage in the morning and I think it is 12 when I leave. If you include the two at our apartment that makes it about 27 speed bumps each day which is not including all of the bumps in the road. When we get our house, I will be able to cut out 4 bumps in my day, woohoo.
Also, in case you are wondering subject is from a movie. If you can name what movie it is from, then David will make you pancakes when you come visit us. If you can't name the movie, then David will probably make you pancakes anyways, so it is a win-win for you because 1) you have not seen the chick flick or have managed to suppress memories of that movie out of your mind and 2) you get pancakes. Although, I am not a pancake person so I would not consider it a win-win.
5 comments:
I have no idea on the quote, but am wondering if we come visit do we have to have pancakes? And if we do have pancakes what is your and David's stance on bananas IN the pancakes as opposed to on top of the pancakes?
Chrisi
No, you don't have to have pancakes. We can have ice cream instead or milkshakes. I don't know how david feels about bananas, their texture is not that far from the pancake texture so maybe he would be okay with it. Do you have a preference? His favorite pancakes are the double chocolate pancakes and the gingerbread ones, at least I think those are his favorites.
Well that is good because I am not a pancake fan, although both boys are. I really only like pancakes with either bananas or blueberries INSIDE the batter. And really prefer the banana ones. Bananas on top do not work for me because then the pancakes still taste like pancakes.
I do like ice cream and milkshakes so that would work for me. ;)
Aeden would love double chocolate pancakes. Blech
*triple chocolate pancakes, thank you ;)
Because of their texture, bananas can be pureed and stirred into the batter, but I prefer to slice them perpendicular to the axis of the banana into 5mm slices. Then, after I've poured the batter onto the griddle, I'll cover about 3/4 of the surface area with the slices and maybe sprinkle some allspice and sugar over that. Get it most of the way cooked on the plain side, then flip it over to the banana side until you get a little caramelization. I don't know if you would call this IN the pancake or ON the pancake, because it is sorta both.
Hmmm
I am not sure if the 5mm slices will work for me, I might prefer a 3mm slice. Is that workable for you?
I have been known to just dice up the banana and throw it on the pancake batter that is in the pan. This way I get my banana pancakes and the boys get the icky plain ones.
I call that "in the pancake" b/c it becomes one with the batter. "On the pancake" is what places like IHOP do, where they cook pancakes, plate them, then add sliced bananas on top. It is soooo wrong!
Aeden would love triple chocolate pancakes, I am cringing at the thought. That sounds very chocolaty!
Post a Comment