Any males reading this may want to just skip to the end.
Today we are actually going to buy curtains. Last weekend we bought curtain rods, finials, and holdbacks. We went for walnut or at least that is what it said. David will have to do a little sawing to get them to the right length. The curtains we are going with are from Bed, Bath, and Beyond, which is going to quickly deplete my pile of 20% off coupons. For those who may not have known, Bed, Bath, and Beyond will take expired coupons and will let you use more than one at a time, which is very good for us. Here is a link:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=115794
We are going with chocolate for the windows in the great room and sage for the sliding glass door. The sliding glass door is the only one that is getting holdbacks. Finding curtains was actually a pain because I had decided on chocolate and there are a lot of really bad chocolates out there some have a lot of gold and others a lot of red. A lot of curtains just seemed very flimsy and did not seem like they would actually keep light out.
As far as what I am doing in Pathology, I am currently on microbiology, so I have to do a couple of case presentations a week and just find out what goes on in the lab. All in all, it is not too bad and allows me plenty of time to look at the weekly unknown slides. On the micro service, it is just me and another first year as far as residents go. We also have one student for the whole month and each week we also get another student. It has been fun trying to figure out different things to teach them, especially since we do not really know anything. So far we have been paged three times on the service, most people go the entire month without getting a page. It made us feel special, although they were pretty unnecessary pages. I also have spent almost $1000 in books, that is how much our yearly book fund is. For those interested, the books I bought are:
1. Histology for Pathologists by Mills
2. Practical Dermatopathology by Rapini
3. Henry's Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods
4. Sternberg's Surgical Pathology (still don't have this, b/c it is being released in Aug.)
For the unknowns, they give us about 10 slides and we have to figure out what is going wrong. Thankfully, at this point all they really expect from us is that we can describe what we see on the slide, although all of us first years are still trying to figure out the vocabulary. For instance, if we see something pink, the proper term is to describe it as eosinophilic. That is one that I think that most of us knew before we started though.
As far as the house, I will refer to David on that one. I have pictures that he took on the last walk through, but I don't know why he took pictures of some of the stuff, so I will let him post on that. By the way, the title was just my attempt to unite the two topics.
1 comment:
I have some coupons - actually threw some away as they seem to keep coming. If you think BBB will honor coupons with my Delaware address and send me an email with your address I will mail them to you.
Cheri
Post a Comment