We finally get our house on Friday. For those who don't want to dig around in our old posts to find it, our new address is:
8837 Cressent Glen Court
Antioch, TN 37013
In case you are wanting to send anything to us before December and you desire to make it formal, then my name goes first since I have a doctorate. I am not sure what happens after David gets his since one of them is an MD and the other is a PhD. I will have to look into that.
In other news, on the way to the hospital everyday, I pass a storage place that has Jeremiah 23:24 on its sign. I found it amusing.
7 comments:
So would the correct formal address label read:
Dr. and Mr. Julie Dueber?
or
Dr. Julie and Mr. David Dueber
or
Dr. Julie Dueber, MD, and Mr. David Dueber
It should be either Dr. Julie Dueber and Mr. David Dueber or Dr. Julie and Mr. David Dueber.
As far as after he has his PhD, what I find says that generally a PhD is not addressed as Doctor, unless their profession calls for it, which his does since he will be a university prof. So I think it would Dr. David Dueber and Dr. Julie Dueber or Doctors Dueber or Dr. Julie and Dr. David Dueber. The reason for my name still being first in the last one is that the guy's name is always supposed to be next to the last name. I am not sure what happens when both the first name and last name are given I think it is what I wrote above.
Whow! what a "sign" and morning message from God that He is with you and and has everything and detail of your lives and household under control, because you and David do seek to serve Him. God is good all the time, all the time, God is good. thanks for the post.
Would you be OK if we just addressed the mail to Mr. and Mrs. Dueber or would that really insult you?
How about if we addressed your mail to "David and Julie Dueber", would that be okay? Or alternately, "The Dueber Family" so that there are no fights about whose name is first. Or "The Drs. Duebers", how about that?
Hmmm, and I had a different interpretation of the Jeremiah billboard, that you shouldn't use your storage unit as a warehouse for illegal goods. Perhaps I am too literal.
Yes I had many different interpretations of that billboard, which is why I did not put anything up there so people could come to their own conclusions. As far as the address, I prefer when both first names are used and when David's is first, it is alphabetically after all. Usually when I sign my name for some sort of doctor thing, I put MD after it instead of the Dr. in front anyways. I just thought it was kind of funny that people sit around thinking of rules for how to properly address people. That and I was procrastinating from writing up my autopsy reports, which I am doing now also.
Post a Comment