It has been a while since I have updated since David put all of the pictures on his computer and took them off the camera. A couple of weekends ago we went up to the Chicago area and went to the twin's baptism. David is the godfather of Noah who is pictured below with Becky and Brian. We tried to think of something cheesy from the godfather movies to put in the card, but I have never seen the movies and David does not remember them, so he failed his godson on his first day as a godfather. I recall David said something amusing in the car that I was going to write about, but I did not write it down so I am sorry you do not get to read it. With all of these really long car rides we have been going on, we have been getting into some weird discussions in order to keep entertained. Maybe I will take notes on our next car trip. I know our last one we got into the whole concept of evolution and cells, but that was probably a little too deep for a blog.

So our last long car drive was to Nashville on Thursday night after the CMDA senior dinner. David had a job interview at a community college. He will not find out til June if he got that job. In our own minds, we think that a high school position would be better suited for David's job goals, but you never know what God has in store. Since we were in the area we decided to stop by and see what kind of progress was being made on our house. Below is a picture showing that they really have not made much progress. They have had a lot of rain down there so that has been slowing down the construction. We already knew that though because the builder had sent an e-mail earlier in the week.
Senior week has begun for me. The first evening was the burning of the white coats last night. Here is a picture that I stole from a friend's facebook page since I forgot to take my camera. The picture is from before the fire became really big. It was a lot of fun and very satisfying seeing that short little, microbial infested white coat go up in flames. The white coat I burned was the one they gave me at the white coat ceremony that was way too big for me and I had to roll the sleeves up on. I did not actually use that white coat during my third and fourth year. Instead I used an ultra cool (if that is even possible to say about a white coat) white coat that had three exterior pockets and three interior pockets for carrying pretty much anything I wanted. That coat is going to my second year mentee.

More pictures of senior festivities to come. Tonight is bowling. I still cannot believe they are going to give me an MD.
4 comments:
Okay, wait, why don't you take your white coat with you? Don't doctors wear white coats?
The white coat I burned was a short white coat, only goes to the waist, supposedly, mine went to middle of my thigh. Doctors wear long white coats. I'm a big kid now.
Noah was quite disappointed that his godfather could not remember any lines from the godfather movies. He cried about it for hours!
I know lots of lines from the godfather movies... just none that were appropriate for a baptism. I mean... "Don Corleone, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your home on the wedding day of your daughter. And may their first child be a masculine child." just doesn't play well in that context.
Post a Comment