Saturday, May 16, 2009

flying toasters (aka Graduation)

After four long years, Julie is finally Dr. Julie Dueber, MD. Are you excited? I know I am - she will be making money instead of accumulating debt starting in July. The ceremony was mercifully not too long and the speaker was ok. The thesis of his talk was essentially that doctors should give free high quality health care to anyone who can't afford to pay... but at least he did not talk for too long. I am not too good at taking pictures in auditoriums, so this picture of Julie receiving her diploma is the only one that turned out well. It's too bad I don't have a picture of her with her hood, because you can easily tell that they were clearly meant as a torture device. I am not looking forward to getting one in the future.


A number of Julie's family were able to come, which was really nice - there were fourteen of us altogether. I unfortunately can't show you a picture of this because of the camera issues I was having. Hopefully, we can get a picture from Julie's friend Lizzy, whose husband probably took more pictures today than the photographer at our wedding did on that day. As a consolation prize, here are two pictures. The first is a picture of Julie and her immediate family. Only Julie was actually looking at me. It's skills like these (i.e., knowing which camera out of the 4 or 5 is going to be taking the next picture) that enables Julie to get her doctorate degree before me. The second picture is of Julie and I with Lizzy and Luis.



Finally, in honor of graduation, we have decided to hold our first photoshop contest. Well, not really, because we don't actually expect anyone to participate. But, the fact that the diploma holders handed out in the graduation ceremony were actually blank (they are the wrong size for the diplomas) leads to pictures like this, which is dying to have something silly photoshopped into the blank spaces:

No comments: