On Day 6, we arrived for a short day in Ketchikan. This little city is known for totem poles and apparently very large stuffed animals. Below is David with a whale, we also have him with a moose, polar bear, and some other stuff that is stuffed. We wandered around the little city for about an hour, but unfortunately there was not much to see. If we came a couple of weeks later, then we would have been able to the massive number of salmon that invade the city. Sadly, the creek was empty though. Besides salmon, Ketchikan is also known for rain. It receives around 162 inches of precipitation each year. We did not get any rain when we were there.
We then went ziplining walked across skybridges in the Tongass National Forest. It was fun, but a little scary I have to admit. It actually goes by so quickly that you really do not have a lot of time to look around. I probably would not do this one again unless I knew it went further into the forest because it really did not cover much area. Also, I was a little on the short side for the course. I kept having to stand on my tiptoes to have them hook me up to the zipline. There were a total of 8 ziplines with the longest being 850 feet and 3 skybridges. The highest we were was 135 feet off the ground. Make sure you click on the picture of me ziplining; otherwise, you can barely tell it is me.
After we got back on the ship, we ate of course. In case you are wondering we are going to post a separate post on food and by we, I mean David. We also went to the Motor City musical show in the Princess Theater. After seeing this, we were happy we had not gone to any of their other musicals and also happy that they did not have enough cast members to go over an hour. There was just something wrong about a bunch of white people singing motown hits.
No comments:
Post a Comment