Sunday, March 1, 2009

Supermarket stories

Today I went to the supermarket by myself and all was going fine until I started looking for the lime juice and lemon juice. There are three maybe four places that I thought that they might be in. 1. the fruit section. Now there were some there, but they were in the tacky little lemon and lime-shaped bottles, that are way over priced and do not have much in them. I was not going to be conned into purchasing them. 2. and possibly 4. the fruit juice aisle, since there is a refrigerated and non-refrigerated section, so there could be two possible options. 3. the baking aisle. Now I spent, what seemed like 30 minutes looking in all of these sections trying to find the lemon and lime juice going up and down all of the aisles in the supermarket. Finally, when I was about to give up, I found them on the top shelf in the non-refrigerated juice section. Now you maybe wondering, why is Julie going on and on about this? Well there is a moral to this story. I should always shop with David, because while I am always able to find the things on the bottom shelves, I need him to find the things on the top shelves.

Below is the meal that I made with the lemon juice. I forgot to add the lime juice at the end, not that I think it needed it. It is from our Red Hot cookbook and is called Caribbean Peanut Chicken. It was quite tasty. Sadly I don't think it is going to make very many meals.


No comments: