Friday, October 10, 2008

Residency

I figured I would give everyone an update on the whole residency thing. I applied to 25 programs, I might be adding another on. So far I have heard from University of Maryland, University of Iowa, University of Tennessee, Ohio State University, Vanderbilt University, University of Kentucky, Loyola University, Medical College of Wisconsin, Emory University, Baylor University (Dallas), and University of Oklahoma. Of course I am not interviewing at all of those and I am still waiting to hear from some others. Since I received so many, I am able to drop all of the ones that do not have jobs for David. So far all of the interviews are in November and December, so lots of traveling.

I was going to post a picture of my toothpaste collection, but since David has the camera, I guess that will have to wait til another time.

On a side note (you might need a tissue for this), I broke our hand mixer the other day when I was trying to make icing for my pumpkin cupcakes. The butter was a little too hard I guess. I bought a replacement today and the other one is going find its final resting place in some garbage dump relatively soon. Currently the motor is sitting on David's desk. I think that it looks like an abstract elephant.

No comments: