Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ultimate Driving Machine

So what do people do when they are unbelievably sick of studying? Why, they test-drive BMWs, of course!

I don't quite understand the logic behind this particular promotion - I drive a BMW, someone gives money to cancer research in the name of yet a third person. But... who am I to complain?

Anyway, this picture is from inside the SUV. It's hard to take pictures in there, which means it was a great car for me... not much light gets in. Also, you can't tell at all from the picture, but the steering wheel has about 10 buttons in it. Finally, you can't tell from the picture, but I did shave that morning. There's also a nice little screen that displays various information - GPS style stuff, information about the radio, and... a viewer for the nice little camera mounted on the rear so you can see behind you. Anyway, luxury SUVs are a little complicated - lots of buttons. I'm a fan.


And THIS is a Z4 roadster. In a word, it is: fast. The one problem with this car was that the steering wheel had this big, unlabeled buttons on it and I like pressing buttons. Unfortunately, not even a sporty BMW likes going 45 mph in first gear. So I didn't push those buttons anymore.

1 comment:

Chrisi said...

Interesting promotion, interesting activity for you to do. I am finding that you guys are an ... interesting couple. ;)

The buttons sound cool, I love buttons, they should have buttons in cars that are just there for looks and pushing. Maybe they can hook up buttons to make Christmas lights come on in the floor of cars, that would be interesting.