Monday, July 21, 2008

La Fiesta de Mole


Behold, our final mole dish. This is pork in chocolate mole sauce with mexican rice, stir-fried mushrooms and bell peppers, and, as per the title, canned refried beans. For those of you who are truly deluded and think that we have any skill at cooking, this was the first (out of four or five) mexican rice recipes that we've tried that have been decent. If you're wondering whether canned refried beans are as good as making them yourself, they're not, but they also don't take three hours to make.

3 comments:

Chrisi said...

Hmmm, glad to hear the rice was good. I will have to try it now. As for the refried beans, I have tried making them myself and I prefer the canned ones.

Do you have a good recipe for refried beans?

Becky said...

Refried beans may take a long time to make but they're easy, you just let them sit and stir them occastionally. They freeze so well and they are so much better than canned ones! Next time I say that you should make beans.

Julie said...

By the way, we added two jalapenos and only used one teaspoon of cumin in the rice.

One day hopefully we will have a larger freezer then we can freeze all the beans we want. Currently ours is full of meat, just the way David likes it.