I took off work today and David and I went to the Loveless Cafe. We have been meaning to go there and wanting to make sure we did before we left town. I have their dessert cookbook which has some really good recipes. The cafe is supposed to be known for their biscuits. They were alright, pretty much what we expected. The blackberry preserves were quite tasty. We think that they made them with honey.
Here is my lunch. I decided to go southern and get the fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, and green beans. I finished it off with strawberry rhubarb pie, but there is no picture.
David went for the sampler and had the ham, meatloaf, and catfish along with fried okra and hashbrown casseerole. He ended his meal with some sort of peanut butter chocolate pie, which was not as good as my pie.
Jonathan's first time on the swing. Mmm . . . tasty.
Abigail giving him a little push before deciding he was done and it was her turn to get on the swing.
Happy to be near Captain Calamari.
Playing the drums. He loves the lights and music. No, he cannot actually sit up on his own. I was just able to get him to sit for a few seconds while he leaned on the drums for the picture.
Abigail loves the star skirt that her Great Grandma Watkins got for her. She wears it to bed and around the house on the weekends. She says when she is wearing it she is dressing like a farmer. Maybe she needs to go to her Great Grandpa Buoy's farm to see what real farmers wear.
She loves to wear my shoes. When I get home from work, she has me take off my shoes so she can put them on. She is actually pretty good at walking in heels that are clearly too big for her.
My boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment