Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Abigail's first trip


On Sunday, we took Abigail for her first trip. We went to Chattanooga and we all survived. On Monday morning, we walked around downtown Chattanooga and took Abigail on the Walnut Street Walking Bridge which the city of Chattanooga claims is the world's longest pedestrian bridge. David and I don't really think that is true and neither does Abigail. It is 2.376 feet long according to Wikipedia.



We then went to Cloudland Canyon State Park in Georgia, so Abigail had her first trip out of state. When we got there, we found out they had a disc golf course which we of course went on. We were only able to do about half of it because of the heat and some technical difficulties that caused us to be delayed. Below you can see David and Abigail's moves.


Technical Difficulty No. 1: Can you find Julie's disc?
Hint: It is white.
Side note: I was unable to find it, but I know it is in the picture somewhere.

Technical Difficulty No. 2: Can you find David's disc?
Hint: It is neon yellow.

Disc golfing can be very tiring.

David and Abigail with the canyon behind them.

Abigail and Julie at 1st Waterfall, that is really the name.

Abigail and Julie at 2nd Waterfall, again that is name that was on the maps and signs.

These are the stairs we had to take to get to and from the waterfalls. I believe David and Abigail are on number 200 out of 483 stairs.

The stairs were clearly quite tiring.

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Oh, I'm glad you had a nice time on vacation. Did Abigail sleep well at the hotel? So perfect that the first waterfall she ever saw was called 1st Waterfall. I'm sure she'll remember that forever. :)