Sunday, November 30, 2008

On the road again . . .

I am currently in Columbus, OH. So far the hotels have been much nicer than our apartment, which does not take much. I have a 40-42" LCD tv all to myself. This place even had hot cocoa for its little Keurig one cup coffee maker, which was not so bad. I have done interviews at Iowa, Loyola, Emory, Louisville, and Vanderbilt. Unfortunately, now that it is after Thanksgiving, all of the radio stations are playing Christmas music. Indiana was particularly bad about this, so since my cd player has become quite attached to my DC Talk Free at Last cd, I was able to practice my rapping and reminisce about good old camp days. I think that rapping is something that all residencies are looking for. Currently, I am watching Food network, I don't know how I manage to live without cable.

When we were in Nashville, I did take some photos with my cellphone, but sadly I cannot seem to get them off of the phone. One was of David outside of the Aquarium restaurant with David sitting next to a shark on a bench. The other was at the opryland hotel where they had all of their Christmas decorations out, so we took a picture of a giraffe in Christmas attire that was playing a cello. Also, just so you know the Parthenon in Athens is much better than the one in Nashville. It is just not the same when it is not on top of the acropolis and when it is not made out of marble.

Iron Chef America is coming on now, woohoo. The secret ingredient is chocolate. I bet David wishes he was watching this.

No comments: