Abigail has been really into fairies and princesses recently, so we decided to go see the fairy doors of Ann Arbor. On Saturday, we visited all of the ones downtown.
Some of them, like this one, were elaborate and had dioramas on the inside to look at.
This one you could even view from inside the building.
This one is a goblin door since it is taller.
Kids would leave little trinkets and coins at the doors.
This one was inside a cafe which provided a nice break to get some frozen strawberry lemonade and a cookie. It is actually two doors. I think it is the main one because you could buy fairy door postcards in here.
Jonathan was thrilled to see fairy doors.
On Sunday, we continued our search for fairy doors by going to the Nichols Arboretum. We started with a picnic near the Huron River.
We made it to Fairy woods and Troll Hollow. A more rustic group of fairies live here.
Abigail and I built a fairy house.
Here it is. She was not that interested in building it. She wanted to clean all of the other houses.
We finished the afternoon by painting our toenails.
4 comments:
I'd love to have been with you. I love fairies. Maybe I will bring Abigail a fairy garden to your new house, if that is OK?
That looks like it was a lot of fun!
That looks like such a fun thing to go look at! Are all the doors in the same area of Ann Arbor?
I am sure abigail would love a fairy garden. Almost all of the doors are within 3-4 block area. The arboretum one was a little farther away. If you did not have kids, then it would certainly be walkable. There is also one at the hospital that we have not seen yet.
Post a Comment