Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New Orleans and more!

Abigail's first time eating at McDonald's.  I think the meal made her happy, haha.
  
Eating a beignet, they are really not that good. It is just greasy dough with sugar on top.

The alien coming out of David.

New Orleans Zoo.

We decided to put Abigail to work.

First time on a merry-go-round

New Family.

David in the hurricane chamber.

Alligator! 

 Giant anteaters.

Pretty kitty.

 "Maybe I should run."


First chocolate covered banana.

Staying hydrated is very important.

 Waiting for the trolley.

Attempt at family trolley photo.

Oak Alley Plantation.  The oak trees were the only things that were impressive, hence it is the only thing we took a picture of.


Reading in the car, book courtesy of Megan, Amelia, and Marcie (I assume Ben also).


Random other pictures

Abigail really wanted to wear her hat to church, so here she is wearing it.

One of my friends is a manager at a local bakery/restaurant and she let me and some other friends go into decorate cakes on a Sunday night.  She gave us all sorts of tips.  Here is the finished product.  It got late, so I just put round fondant circles and frosting circles on at the end.  Still a lot of fun though.

Abigail thought David's Go book needed to be dusted.


This is her blanket that she uses at daycare now that she naps on a cot.  She seems to really like it.

4 comments:

carolakapearl said...

She is gorgeous. Looks like she enjoyed her time at the zoo.

Marcie said...

Oh, yay, more pictures of Abigail! She is so cute! I love all the pictures of her at the zoo. She looks like she had a fantastic time on your vacation.

Your cake is very pretty, too! I wish I knew how to make that shell-like border.

Julie said...

There is a 2 hour buttercream class that I have been wanting to go to where you get to keep the tools. If you come down we could go.

David said...

Y'all would leave me alone with three young girls for two hours??